A day after the Uttar Pradesh police has claimed to have recovered police inspector Subodh Kumar Singh’s mobile phone from the home of the key accused Prashant Natt, family of Singh – who died after being attacked by frenzied right-wing mob in Bulandshahr on December 3, over alleged cow carcasses – met Bulandshahr Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhakar Chaudhary, and Superintendent of Police (SP) Atul Srivastava.
Nearly two months after the incident, on January 27, the UP police had recovered Singh’s mobile along with five other cellphones reportedly from the key accused Prashant Natt’s residence.
However, Natt’s wife has accused the police of making up false allegations against her husband. She has questioned why the cellphone would be kept at his home for two months after the incident, as Natt was arrested on December 18 itself.
Natt’s wife told ANI, “Police came to us saying they have a search warrant. They asked which room is Prashant's. Two cops went in and kept a phone on the dressing table there. When we said it isn't ours, they told us to shut up. Police had brought the phone along with themselves.”
Meanwhile, mobile phone of the deceased inspector has been sent to a forensic lab.
Speaking with Newsclick, Shrey, elder son of Subodh said, “Police have recovered my father’s Closed User Group (CUG) mobile phone from the house of Prashant Natt. We had a word with the local police and those investigating the case. They told us 38 accused have been arrested so far. Police also assured us that they will recover the smartphone which my father used along with the CUG phone.”
He added, “Five-six years ago, my father had handed over the licenced revolver to the administration which was (.28). He was using his personal pistol which was (.32) bore. Police told us that Johny and Sachin alias Cobra were the persons who physically restrained my father and Prashant Natt and Army man Jeetu shot at my father, and he died.”
Shrey, a graduate from Delhi University went on and added that the rumour claiming that his father first shot a bullet on mob first is totally false. Meanwhile, there are no “inputs about his personal revolver”.
Subodh’s wife Ragini told Newsclick, “Yes, we met the SSP and SP, but we haven’t been shown the mobile phone. My husband was killed by the mob so not a single person is responsible for this. Every accused should punished equally. Anyone can see in the viral video civilian Sumit pelting stones, Yogesh Raj instigating the mob. Jeetu was also there, so everybody is responsible.”
Atul Kumar Srivastva, SP Bulandshahr, had told media persons that search for the pistol is still underway, and it will be recovered soon.
On December 27 last year, the police had arrested Prashant Natt for allegedly killing Subodh during the clashes. Earlier, it was suspected that Yogesh Raj, district convenor of Bajrang Dal had killed Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh. Later, police claimed that Natt is the key accused, and that he has confessed to his role killing Singh. Natt was reported driving a taxi in Delhi-NCR.
Read more: Bulandshahr Violence: Subodh Kumar Singh’s Cellphone Recoverd After Nearly 2 Months